In light of new legislation, 3cTele.com have revised our Privacy Policies. This document includes information about how we hold and process your data, why we have it, and your rights regarding your data. In accordance with guidelines, we have kept this concise, transparent, and in plain English
Who is collecting the data?
- 3cTele.com hold and process data for customers and prospective customers. The information is held on 2 main systems, being our CRM software and on our Accounts/Billing Platform. Both of these systems are cloud-based and managed by Independent providers. We also use a system for telephone call management (inbound and outbound) which can contain information relating to customers and prospects. The company has actively sought and received confirmation that each location is fully GDPR compliant.
What data is being collected?
- We hold information about all customers and prospective customers. This data includes name and address, contact numbers and in some cases email addresses. We also hold information regarding their existing telephone line, such as details of current services and broadband connections and speeds. For live customers, we may also hold some bank details in our billing system, which is only processed for the purposes of setting up and maintaining direct debits. We may also hold a log of correspondence and telephone calls, including recordings of calls made and specifically recordings where we are relying on a verbal contract.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
- For customers, the data is processed to fulfil our contract with the customer, including providing telecoms services and broadband.
- For prospective customers, we ensure that we only hold information for prospects who could benefit from our services. By performing specific checks, we eliminate the majority of the processed records and only offer our services to relevant prospects.
- If we receive data from other third parties, we will always confirm that the records have been provided to us by a fully compliant company, in accordance with GDPR legislation, and specifically that relevant opt-ins have been sought.
- Any records that don’t meet our criteria are deleted from our systems.
- If we contact prospective customers by telephone, then all our records are cleaned through TPS (Telephone Preference Service) within a maximum of 28 days of the call date. Any prospects who are registered with TPS are deleted from our systems and are not phoned.
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
- Other than storing the data in our CRM and Accounts/Billing systems as above (which are separate companies), we do not share information with any other third parties.
How will the information be used?
- The information held for customers is used to fulfil our contract with the customer. This includes providing telecoms and broadband services, customer services, technical support, accounts and billing etc.
- Information for prospective customers is used to establish if we can provide a better package or service, and to offer these services to the prospects.
How long will the data be stored for?
- Data is stored for customers for the duration of our contract or for the duration of the period we continue to provide services to them.
- Data for prospective customers is held by us for the minimum period. All prospect data is deleted after a maximum of 60 days.
What rights does the data subject have?
- Prospective customers can request that all of their details are removed from our systems and are no longer processed by us, they can also instruct us to not contact them again, and they can request full details of how we acquired their data. On request, we will also provide (free of charge) full details of all the information that we hold on them.
We store all the customer information necessary to enable us to fulfil our contract with the customer.
How can the data subject raise a complaint?
- Complaints can be made by e-mail or post. We have set up a dedicated e-mail address Data@3cTele.com. Postal complaints should be made to Data Compaints, 3cTele.com, Chiltlee Manor House, Liphook, GU30 7AZ.